Phone: (435) 674-5757
1070 W 1600 S Bldg. B
St. George, UT
Youth Volunteer Corps of Washington County, sponsored by Five County Community Action Partnership, is seeking responsible volunteers to assist with the YVC program. YVC recruits youth 11-18 years old and involves them in community events, services, fundraising efforts, etc. YVC promotes a service learning aspect, where the youth can actually walk away learning something from their service. Many youth volunteers have used YVC to enhance their college resume and obtain scholarships.
Main responsibilities are:
- mentoring the youth,
- building the YVC program by recruiting and outreach efforts,
- attending service learning events,
- social media (taking pictures, maintaining Facebook page, etc.),
- Informing youth and parents of upcoming events,
- reporting service outcomes.
This is a fun and exciting project. It touches most people in our community as the youth are involved, they serve community agencies who then help other community members.
The Washington County Youth Volunteer Corps program is hosted by Five County Association of Governments – Community Action Partnership. It engages youth 11-18 in service-learning activities which improve community quality of life.
– Must pass criminal background check – This has a flexible schedule, but volunteers need to be reliable.