463 E. 500 S. St. George, UT 84770
Phone: (435) 634-1134
- To provide a comfortable, child-friendly atmosphere for alleged victims of child abuse to receive coordinated services during the investigative process
- To decrease the secondary trauma that can inadvertently be caused by the criminal justice and child protection systems
- To encourage the prompt and efficient processing of cases by the sharing of information and improving coordination
- To minimize through coordinated efforts the number of times a child may be interviewed
- To focus on what is in the best interests of the child by providing every opportunity for service, protection, and prosecution where appropriate
- To track children’s cases as needed for the benefit of the children.
- To ensure that every child who is alleged to have been physically or sexually abused receives a medical examination, as deemed appropriate
- To ensure that each child who enters the CJC for an interview will be treated with respect and caring, with no regard to their ethnicity, religion, gender, or disability
How Can I Volunteer?
- We need volunteers to place follow-up phone calls to parents and fill out contact sheets
- Volunteers can help make parent packets
- Update and throw away out of date information and brochures
- Help copy parent packet documents and CJC brochures
- Call and talk with therapists in St. George about their services for a master provider list