106 N. 100 E.
Cedar City 178
St. George Office
North 200 East
St. George, UT 84770-2840
- Spending time working with youth in the Utah foster care system
- Helping caseworkers with supervised visitation
- Attending court
- Participating in monthly home and school visits with the assigned DCFS Caseworkers
- Providing a positive influence in the lives of foster children
- Youth volunteers will report to the Caseworker/Supervisor regularly on the progress of the youth they are assigned to
- Very flexible hours—The Youth Volunteer will set his/her own consistent schedule with the Foster Care Supervisor and Caseworker. In most cases work occurs between 8 A.M. – 5 P.M.
- It will be necessary that you keep a simple log book of the time that you spend volunteering and turn in a monthly total of hours to the foster care Supervisor, and attend weekly staff meetings as often as possible.
Must be age 21 or older
Must submit and pass a background check
It is important that you relate well with teenage youth, have empathy, and a sincere desire to be a positive role model in their lives. It is also necessary that you communicate well both orally and in written form. Experience/education in the field of Social Science is helpful.