1303 N Main St
Huntsman-Intermountain Cancer Center
Student interested in this service learning opportunity will be working with Huntsman Cancer Center staff at Valley View and Dixie Regional Cancer Centers. Duties for this opportunity involve assisting both staff members and patients by:
- Assembling educational material
- Delivering meals to patients
- Stocking supplies in the clinics
- Assisting patients with any needs
- Comforting patients and family members
- Communicating with patients
Students may also volunteer at Camp Kesem during the summer. This camp is for children whose parents have cancer. More information to come. Please contact Cheryl Bellamo if you are interested in volunteering for the camp.
Students must apply through the human resource’s volunteer center at Valley View Medical or Dixie Regional Cancer Centers. During the application process you must designate the cancer center as the place you want to volunteer. Students may need to submit a background check.